Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ow

Hello!

So anyways I woke up this morning to a very strange sensation. As I got up off my bed at 1:20PM I realized that something was horribly wrong. I was dizzy beyond belief! I thought to myself "What the fuck? Oh god." I was confused for a few moments before realizing that the dizziness must have occurred from my whiplash fall at Kirkwood yesterday. I know Bryan kept saying that his falls were worse and what not than mine, but I was pretty sure I had the worse beating yesterday despite all of his rants. Some evidence of this would be my neck which is sore at every side due to my head being tossed around like a rag doll whenever I fell down. After brushing up, I went downstairs to eat breakfast. This is when I realized how serious it was. I couldn't even walk straight! It felt like I was drunk off my ass, except I didn't drink any alcohol. I ate my breakfast and wondered if I should tell my mom I was experiencing dizziness. I personally believed that the dizziness was only going to be temporary and short lived, but the "what if" question kept coming back at me.

What if I was experiencing the first symptoms of what follows severe head trauma? What if I had more than a mild concussion? What if I have internal bleeding? What if I DIE!?!?!?!? I didn't really care about my life, but I thought how tragic it would be for my mom and dad to have their son come back home after a snowboard trip and die within the next few days due to unknown reasons. They would have a mystery on their hands, only to be solved after my sad autopsy. Once they found out, my parents would be in even more disbelief, and probably blame themselves for my death even though it was my fault for bashing my head on the slopes of Kirkwood.

What was stopping me from telling my mom? The goddamn worrying and bitching that would follow! Chances are I had nothing serious, but I didn't want to take that chance (see paragraph above). I didn't want my mom to get all worked up for nothing since they ALWAYS bitch about not taking hits to the back of the head. Sigh, I manned up and told her and she started freaking out (no surprise) and we ended up going to the doctor ASAP. I went to my old family doctor and waited for about half an hour before I finally got checked. While waiting I told my mom not to worry, that if I had something serious I would have already died overnight. I don't think I helped calm her town =D
The diagnosis: Vertigo- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_%28medical%29
I thought I had a mild concussion but the doctor said the term concussion was used when the person loses consciousness during impact, which I did not. Oh well, I KNEW it was a minor injury. Fuck.

I got rewarded Mcdonalds because my mom was relieved. Of course the main reason for not telling my mom about my injury was because my dad was going to find out, the unreasonable man of the house. Obviously he found out, and he started bitching about safety and responsibility and helmets and how important safety is and how yadda yadda, the same things I've heard throughout the years that I already know and choose not to act upon. Dammit, I just realized this incident is going to be related every time I go on an overnight trip, I just KNOW it T_T

My symptoms started clearing as I was awake for several hours. I did absolutely nothing the rest of the day except play games and surf the internet since my head is fuckz0red. Yep, that's my day. I promised my parents I'd sleep earlier since I need rest but here I am at 2:15AM typing this blog up before taking my pre-bed meal and going to sleep. Good night!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

hahahaha you drama queen. :)

Quanghuy said...

hahahahha mcdonalds! JUST EAT A STICK OF BUTTER STEVE! :D

Minh Le said...

hahaha good one, steve.
-Minh

Unknown said...

You're probably damn fxing sick of hearing it by now steve.... but SAFETY FIRST, STEVE. We youngsters tend to forget that from time to time ;).