Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hello!

I haven't updated in like five days, but that's because I've been extremely busy these past five days. Now to summarize!

I came back to Berkeley on Tuesday and unpacked my shit. I just spent my entire day in my apartment reacquainting myself to a life of solitude without my mom to help me cook my food :( Anyways, Tuesday was a very uneventful day, I just played games and went online. Oh yea, I worked out too.

Wednesday was a good day. This is because this would be the start of my two night retreat for a club that I'm in because I'm a board member for ANOTHER club. I went to meet the members on campus and was assigned a car. Luckily my former roommate was one of the passengers in my car so I at least knew one person. We were driven to a house in the mountains of Mendocino? (not too sure, 3 hour drive from Berk) The house was in the middle of NOWHERE. Only a few other houses were around, no cities or towns for miles and miles. Also, the road to the house consisted of driving up an extremely windy 30 mile trek of ridiculous road. Needless to say, I was tossed countless times. I will keep it short and simple since I really don't feel like going into detail much about the events that occurred at the house. It's not bad or anything, I'm just feeling lazy. The retreat consisted of discussion, team building activities, and free time (where everyone just played BANG or different card games). Team building activities were just games where people would form groups and use teamwork to succeed. Most of them were fun. We would just eat and hangout for the next two days before returning home on Friday.

Highlights of trip-
While playing this weird TBA game, I was blindfolded and ended up picking up a girl and moving her a short distance to place her in the correct position. Apparently while I was trying to find her my teammates told her to slap the air in order to slap my ass (she's also blindfolded). People thought it was pretty amusing.

There were actually a few cute girls, one in particular!

Other than that, nothing was really special. I met a decent number of people and they were all cool. Great time waster since I had nothing else to do!

I came back Friday to find out that I had actually come back to Berkeley on a Friday. I thought it was a fucking Thursday, so I only had a few hours to get ready to go to a friend's Birthday get together. We went to my friend's apartment and just drank and watched TV. Surprisingly, I became flustered from just having one shot. I am somehow an amazing lightweight despite having gained over 30 lbs, I suck :( I went home and slept to get ready for yet another retreat.

On Saturday I woke up and got ready to attend another retreat. I packed my stuff and went to one of my friend's apartments. We did more team building activities and then went grocery shopping at 99 Ranch. We bought groceries and cooked dinner as a team. This retreat was for my mentoring club so we just discussed and went over the general guidelines for how the semester was going to go. After the meeting, we just shared some funny stories with one another and then went to bed. The next day consisted of just eating breakfast and then we dispersed to go home, and here I am! After the retreat, I just ate and played games. I then met up with Sam to buy books and we headed to Oakland afterwards to pick up his friend. After picking up his friend, we went to Safeway where I bought 10 dollars worth of steak (~5 lbs, what a deal!) and then went home, and here I am!

My update really sucked, I'm sorry! I'm really tired and don't really feel like doing anything so ya :( maybe next time!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

coooool! you have a blog. :D hehehe... ima link you in mine... i have a sorry ass list of people with blogs to read. nobody ever blogs anymore... cept for that myspace shit. =X